WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin that helps to integrate E-Commerce features in a website developed using WordPress CMS. It is the most suitable way to turn WordPress site into a completely functional E-commerce store. You just need to install and activate the plugin and Voila! You have a fully functional E-Commerce website ready. The basic version of this software is free. However, there are additional costs for features such as subscription pricing, appointment booking and setting up an engine for a product recommendation.
Why WooCommerce is the Suitable Solution for Startup Businesses?
If you have started a new company that sells online, then you would like your E-commerce website development business to achieve success as soon as possible. This means you need to deploy your E-Commerce website as quickly as possible and with minimum investment. This is where WooCommerce scores over other E-Commerce platforms. Its easy to use interface makes it possible to deploy your website in no time. WooCommerce helps both start-ups and small businesses to attain success in the following ways:
- Provide a free platform – One of the benefits of WooCommerce is that the basic version is free. You don’t need to invest in the software. All you need is a designer who can customize the WooCommerce installation and give your corporate look. There is no recurring cost to pay to an E-Commerce service provider, something that eats into your profit. WooCommerce makes online selling easy and won’t cost you anything at the initial stage. Once you start developing your business, you may use some revenue for integrating additional features and improve other operations. Certain upgrades include – Subscription module, set up appointments and suggest similar products to the users that are worthy enough for your business.
- Easily extensible with several plugins – WooCommerce has several free as well as paid plugins that help to add extra features. Some examples of WooCommerce add-ons for official and third party are the following:
- WooCommerce Product Table – This will list WooCommerce products in the form of a sortable table view. It is suitable for product directories, trade, wholesale sites, quick order forms and much more. It is considered to be the perfect way to increase your website’s conversion rates.
- Multi Currency Support – There are several plugins available that enable your Ecommerce website to support multiple currencies.
- WooCommerce Private Store and WooCommerce Password Protected Categories – These two plugins allow you to protect or hide parts or all of a WooCommerce store. It is suitable for customer-specific products, complete members-only stores or public stores that have wholesale areas.
- Table Rate Shipping – This plugin helps to integrate advanced shipping options with WooCommerce, such as weight-based shipping.
- Woo Subscriptions – This plugin helps you to sell WooCommerce products with recurring payments and with ongoing subscriptions.
- WooCommerce Bookings – This plugin is very useful for online event booking websites. Complete with Date Pickers and Calendars, this plugin helps you to set up your events and booking system in a jiffy.
- The Events Calendar – WooCommerce is used for creating events website development with different add-ons that include community and bookable events.
- Security – In today’s world of online fraud, your customers would like to ensure that their personal details are kept confidential. Their home address and credit cards details should not be accessed by anyone. WooCommerce secures you against this issue with a highly-secure trading platform for the users. Continuous version updates and upgrades ensure that all security breaches and bugs are immediately identified and fixed. The one click update feature makes updating WooCommerce a hassle-free experience.
- Easy analytics – Being a business owner, you would like to know where most of your sales are coming from or what time of the day most customers want to purchase products. With in-built analytics of WooCommerce, you will be able to maintain a track of valuable data and optimize them to improve overall performance of your website. You can also integrate third party analytics such as Google Analytics easily with WooCommerce.
Thus, Woocommerce makes creating as well as managing online stores in the most convenient way. It provides flexibility and has several features such as secure payments, shipping integration and inventory and tax management that makes it convenient to set up your business for selling products online. By opting for WooCommerce over other website development solutions, any ecommerce site can generate higher revenue and ensure maximum sales with it.